jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2015

Miami, here I come

It was about two months ago, I was in the middle of nowhere, out in the countryside, surrounded by sheep and cows. 

After a period of changes in my life (saying goodbye to Ireland, thinking about what the hell I want, closing doors and opening others...) I went to Romania , a country that everybody knows because their citizens started to come to Spain several years ago. Romanian people, mostly gypsies, trying to get a better life that their own country can't offer them. But sometimes in this "search" they turn to "criminal ways"...that everyone knows. For this reason, Romanian people are known as horrible people who come to our country to steal from us (this is partly true but not every Romanian person is going to rob you).  

And what do people tell you when you give them the great news that you are going to travel to Romania? 

-"Are you crazy?? It's a very dangerous country!! Have you lost your mind??" 

And you have to explain to them that you are not going to any war, that is just a humble European country, with people like us, gypsies and not gypsies, thieves and not thieves, bad ones and good ones. 
That you will go there because you have received a grant from the government in order to do a course about how important is to learn foreign languages. 

After that explanation people still continue thinking about how crazy you are...but what can I do? I cannot change their mentality.

Now that I have introduced the situation, I will come to the point. 

I was checking my email in one of the breaks that I had during the day, and what I had in my inbox? 
I had an email from Becas Argo (an internship programme aimed to recently graduated people) telling me that I had been chosen to be a candidate to participate in an internship in Miami in the "Spanish Education Attache"

I couldn't believe it...Miami! Me! Grant!

For a second I saw myself on the beach. But after I thought: Don't have illusions, there will be a lot of candidates for sure and you don't have to be the selected one. But I knew that at least there was the possibility. 

Some weeks later I was doing a skype interview with one of the Spanish Education Attache representatives. It was quite good, but I didn't think: they are going to hire me. They had to choose between 9 more candidates. 

After that, the only thing that I had to do was to wait for the answer. 

And it was three weeks ago, after several really bad days due to family issues, when I received an email, I was being selected for receiving the grant. I started to cry. I hadn't received such wonderful news for a long time. And it came in one of the moments when I needed it the most.

That day I thought: Karma exists. 

And hopefully in two months I will be under the sun, on a beautiful beach, living adventures in a new amazing place.  











2 comentarios:

  1. You haven't say nothing about me believing in your from the beginning >=(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oohh sorry, I say now that my penki love believe in me since the beginning, she saw me in Miami since the first day. Thanks for believe in me ;)

    ResponderEliminar